Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fredericksburg Turkey Trot 2011

Early on Thanksgiving morning...in the 30 degree weather...Cavin participated in the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot 1-mile run as his first real race.  He LOVED it and is already asking when the next race is that he can run in.  
He ran the mile in 9.04min and came in 9th out of 100.  Pretty good...but Im sure (I KNOW) he can do better.  And how do I know this???  Cause right after the race was over, he continued sprinting around the parking lot, running everywhere that he went.  LOL.  Guess we have to work on the concept of giving 100% during the actual race.  But for his first time out there, he did a great job!  I was very proud of him.
Ready to head to the starting line...

Hanging out, waiting for the runners to come back!  They had a blast cheering on Cavin and their other friends that were racing.

A wave of runners, headed towards the finish line...

I tried to catch Cavin as he ran by...he's in the picture, but I should probably find the mom of the boy in red and send this to her :)

Getting his medal!  He was THRILLED!
  

No comments: