Well, my precious little girl threw me for a loop the other day! We got home from a long night of lacrosse and fieldhockey practice, then dinner with friends at Chic Fil A, and then Jacie took a bath and headed off to bed.
She wasn't in bed but 5 minutes when I heard her come out of her room. This is the conversation I heard:
Jacie: (sobbing & coughing) "My ponytail!"
Caden: You took your pony tails out when you took a bath
Jacie: No...my ponytail...(and then something mumbled that I couldnt understand)
Caden: Um, Oh No, you might want to tell mom this one.
Jacie: (still sobbing and coughing) Mommy, my ponytail is up my nose.
And sure enough, she shoved a bright green ponytail holder (little rubber band) right up her nose. Pleasant.
The crazy part, as soon as she told me what she had done, her crying stopped. She was perfectly content with a ponytail up her nose.
So we immediately loaded up in the truck, dropped the boys at the neighbors house, and then headed to the ER. The whole way I kept asking her if it hurt, if it was really there, could she feel it, etc. I honestly was in disbelief. And terrified that I would spend the whole night at the ER looking for the nonexistent ponytail.
After about an hour at the ER, the doctor finally saw and got the ponytail out of her nose. It was WAY up there, and he was very nervous that she would aspirate it into her lungs. They called in a bunch of specialists to 'make sure' as they worked to get it out of there. It was crazy and more complicated than we had expected...but it was finally over and done and we were on our way home.

No comments:
Post a Comment