There is a sad 4 year old in my house! Soccer season is officially over.
When the search for a soccer league started back at the beginning of the year, we were discouraged quickly. Both the City and the County Parks & Recreation leagues only accepted ages 5 and up - no exceptions! It was on a final night of searching the internet...and a little bit of luck...that we found the Fredericksburg Area Soccer Association.
When we first signed Caden up for the spring soccer session with FASA, we were told he was too young. Caden would be turning 4 years old on the 12th of April and the 'set-in-stone' age cut off date was the 10th of April. So I did what any other mother would do...I begged! I finally convinced the director that the 2-day difference would NOT make a difference in the size and capability of Caden, and eventually she conceded and added him to the league roster. It was only later when the season started that I realize just how much younger Caden was than the rest of the players. But he did great!
It was a wonderful season, the league is great and the people are great. And most important, Caden had an awesome time. We did not realize at the time of registration that he would become so passionate about not only the sport of soccer...but also about being a member of a team. It has helped him grow as an athlete, and also as a person. He has gained self confidence, teamwork, and responsibility. We couldn't ask for more!!!
Here are a few pictures from his final game. And we are already looking forward to the fall session.
Caden kicking the ball
There was one kid on Caden's team who NEVER paid attention. Usually he was picking dandelions. But this time he decided to bury his head in the net for most of the game. (while wearing the ONLY yellow jersey on the field).
Caden and three of his teammates
The team just hanging out after the game
The Piranhas! Caden, Kayleigh, Caroline, Cameron, Tanner and Joshua
Getting his trophy from Coach Larry! He was so excited!
The super soccer player! 
1 comment:
I thought there was a soccer tots league out here. I'm not sure that's just what I thought I heard. I was thinking of signing Benjamin up.
Just thought you might want to know in case you want to put Cavin in too.
Post a Comment