Monday, July 13, 2009

The long awaited pictures!

Well there you have it...the long awaited Disney pictures.
I think there was over 400 pictures total when you took mine, my mom's and the ones from Disney PhotoPass! It was so hard to pick through them. But I hope you get an idea of what a great trip we had. The kids really did get the ultimate vacation this year. We will head back to Disney again in 4 years or so when Jacie is a bit older.
The kids were very good - especially considering that we hit the parks as soon as they opened, and left after they closed. And Jacie, well lets just say she is already a pro at Disney traveling. She was PERFECT.
Thank you to Brandy & Deirdre for all of the tips on what to see and do.
Thank you to Nana and Papa for flying all the way from California for an extremely memorable vacation. We love you!
The whole trip went without any hang-ups.

Oh wait...I forgot to mention on final 'hang-up'. Remember the giant Andy's Room setup from our resort? Well, we got checked out of the hotel, said goodbye to Nana and Papa, and started walking to the truck. It was time to start the long drive back to VA. The boys said 'wait, we want to see Andy's room one more time'. And I just couldn’t say no. They were leaving the happiest place on earth for goodness sake! So, we walked over to Andy's room.
Not two minutes after we got there, and Cavin was crying.
It went something like this:
Cavin: Sobbing
Me (on seeing that he had fallen - after a glance at his knees): Get up, you are fine!
Chris: Get up and brush your knees off. Wait, he's bleeding.
Me: Grab me a towel, a diaper or something. I'll take him and go find out where the closest Urgent Care is.
So Chris, Caden and Jacie went and got the truck and brought it around the front of the hotel. I walked with Cavin (diaper against his split-open, blood gushing head) and we went into the lobby to get directions to the closest Urgent Care.
In true Disney fashion, they started showering Cavin with stickers, crayons, coloring books, and stuffed Mickeys for him and Caden. And then they called the Disney paramedics. The ambulance showed up and got him all bandaged up. Chris and I decided that a trip to the hospital wasn’t necessary anymore and we bought some tylenol, glue and butterfly bandages to hold his head back together!
And an hour or so later, we took our mohawk boy with a camoflauge bandage on his forehead, and we FINALLY started our trip back home.

1 comment:

The Wilhelms said...

Well, I am glad that you had a good time, and that the head has healed! Scars are very cool to boys...so no worries there! I somehow missed the whole middle section of the photos, guess that is what happens when I check via my phone. but lots of great pics, thanks for taking all that time to share with us!!