We decided to spoil the kids a little this past weekend, and we took them to Great Wolf Lodge. If you have never been there, and there is one close to you, I highly recommend it...if for nothing else but the mere convenience of hotel & fun all crammed in together!
We left our house on Saturday morning and took the short drive down to Williamsburg (only 1.5 hours). We got there just in time to grab some lunch and head into the waterpark. The kids were in heaven! If you have been to Massanutten, the waterpark is comparable. I actually prefer Massanutten...but the convenience of having a hotel room 20 steps was unbeatable. (Especially at nap time for Jacie).
The Waterpark!
We left our house on Saturday morning and took the short drive down to Williamsburg (only 1.5 hours). We got there just in time to grab some lunch and head into the waterpark. The kids were in heaven! If you have been to Massanutten, the waterpark is comparable. I actually prefer Massanutten...but the convenience of having a hotel room 20 steps was unbeatable. (Especially at nap time for Jacie).
The Waterpark!


Within minutes of being in the waterpark, Jacie was soaked and loving every minute of it!
Hurry up mom! I want to go play!
Of course, what would a family vacation be without an injury? While Chris and Cavin were playing a nice game of "How hard can we slam the teeter-totter up and down" Cavin's chin apparently got in the way of the 'up' part. He probably could have used a few stitches...but I have learned that butterfly bandages (when used in large quantities) can work wonders. The stuffed bandaged up wolf helped too! Of course, a quick trip to WalMart and a package of waterproof band aids later (you would think they would have had those at the waterpark) and he was back on the slides as good as new!
The favorite orange slide...
Say cheese!
They were racing. Cavin won and was already getting out when Caden came down - with his ninja moves of course!
Ready for another day of fun!!! This picture is classic of the kids. Cavin showing off his latest war wound...Caden looking innocent (which he never is) and Jacie, just as pretty as can be! :)
It's a little wet in here!
Let me just get this one last whack-a-shark game in before we head home!
Thanks for a great weekend Great Wolf Lodge!
Wow...I just realized that I didn't get a single MagiQuest picture. We went to MagiQuest one time before when we were in Myrtle Beach and the kids were so excited to be able to do it again. If the kids were not in the waterpark, they were running around the hotel completing Magi Missions. At Great Wolf Lodge, the MagiQuest missions took the kids on scavenger-hunt type of adventures throughout the hotel. They were constantly on the move...up the stairs, down the stairs, up the elevator, to the other side of the hotel...you get the picture. But it was a lot of fun and really made the boys focus on paying attention to the details in the clues, and working together to find all of their key pieces.

Hurry up mom! I want to go play!
Of course, what would a family vacation be without an injury? While Chris and Cavin were playing a nice game of "How hard can we slam the teeter-totter up and down" Cavin's chin apparently got in the way of the 'up' part. He probably could have used a few stitches...but I have learned that butterfly bandages (when used in large quantities) can work wonders. The stuffed bandaged up wolf helped too! Of course, a quick trip to WalMart and a package of waterproof band aids later (you would think they would have had those at the waterpark) and he was back on the slides as good as new!
The favorite orange slide...
Say cheese!
They were racing. Cavin won and was already getting out when Caden came down - with his ninja moves of course!
Ready for another day of fun!!! This picture is classic of the kids. Cavin showing off his latest war wound...Caden looking innocent (which he never is) and Jacie, just as pretty as can be! :)
It's a little wet in here!
Let me just get this one last whack-a-shark game in before we head home!
Thanks for a great weekend Great Wolf Lodge!
Wow...I just realized that I didn't get a single MagiQuest picture. We went to MagiQuest one time before when we were in Myrtle Beach and the kids were so excited to be able to do it again. If the kids were not in the waterpark, they were running around the hotel completing Magi Missions. At Great Wolf Lodge, the MagiQuest missions took the kids on scavenger-hunt type of adventures throughout the hotel. They were constantly on the move...up the stairs, down the stairs, up the elevator, to the other side of the hotel...you get the picture. But it was a lot of fun and really made the boys focus on paying attention to the details in the clues, and working together to find all of their key pieces.
1 comment:
So I thought I'd already commented, but apparently that was only in my mind! :)
This place looks so cool! I started to look it up to find the closest, but must have gotten distracted. I did see that there is one in Niagra Falls, & we hope to make it there before moving (if we do) & maybe we'll stay there. Let me know the ins, outs and any secrets! Glad the kids had a blast!
(And Cavin doesn't look like he minded the bashed open chin at all! Hahaha.)
Post a Comment