Monday, January 18, 2010

2010 Arenacross!!!

After our long day of fun in DC...which also included a stop at the NBC Health and Fitness Expo...we jumped back in the truck and drove up to Baltimore, Maryland for the 2010 Arenacross race. The boys were truly in heaven! I was surprised they even had a voice at the end of the evening. Especially Caden, who screamed and cheered the entire time.

The youngest racers were 7, so we have a few years to prepare...but I think after Saturday night, both Caden and Cavin are definitely ready to jump on the dirtbikes and go. In fact, had it not been raining on Sunday, they would have been out there practicing immediately!

And of course, Jacie is ready to ride too! She wore one of the boys' old jerseys and got so many "she's so cute" comments. She just ate it all up and smiled at everyone. I warned the boys that with one too many motorcycle races, she will eventually get them back with princess events. But I think as long as she continues to enjoy the bikes as much as the boys do, they will be safe.
She has been running up to the dirtbikes every day since saying 'cycle mommy, pease!'
So, I imagine next summer she will be up and riding with the rest of them. Good thing we have insurance!

Jacie running the halls of the arena, waiting for the race to start. She didnt care who was around her, just happy to be running.

Finally headed to our seats...

The boys posing before the races started...
See how close we were to the dirt? This was totally a suprise to us. Apparently the 'premium' level seats which I refused to buy for double the price, were JUST the first row. So my 'just okay' seats ended up being fantastic! The location was perfect...second row...minus the anti-kid friendly people in front of us!
Just being silly...Daddy and Jacie! Off center, and missing her smile, but still cute!
There is her smile! Sitting next to big brother Cameron.
Let the races begin...
With an intermission of some freestyle motocross! That guy was literally just flying through the air with his bike beneath him!!!And seriously? Standing on the handlebars? I definitely dont want to be around when Cavin tries this for the first time!And of course, Caden cheered and cheered the entire time! I think we all had a ton of fun! This will definitely continue to stay on our favorites list!

1 comment:

The Wilhelms said...

Seven? Are you kidding me? No way. That's terrifying!! Are those crazy guys doing those tricks? Nope. Not my thing :)