Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Caden!!!

For the past year, we have asked Caden what he wanted to do for his 6th birthday. His response was always the same: "Go to New York City and see the Yankees play."

And with that, Chris and I made the decision to not do a big party for him this year and actually make the trip to NYC happen. (Spoiled, I know!)

...but as his birthday approached, and I saw the look in his eyes, I knew I was going to have to do something 'small' for him.

Caden invited 3 of his friends over, and we went to the pool for a while, followed by pizza, cupcakes, and a LARGE nerf gun fight/wrestling match...and by 10pm, there were 5 exhausted little boys. But they had a great time, and Caden was able to officially celebrate his birthday.

Ready to swim!!!

Love the slides!!! JUMP!!! The birthday gang! Decorating cupcakes - think he has enough sprinkles?

He also got to celebrate with his cousins last week, and then again on his birthday-night with just the family. So I think he is really beginning to like the 'small' birthday idea. As he is getting more cake then he should eat in his lifetime!
And a Babe Ruth shirt from dad! He was SO excited. And of course, he is now on the countdown til July when we head up to NYC!
Thank you to everyone who helped make his birthday special!!! He got some wonderful gifts and appreciates everything so much. Thank you cards will be in the mail soon! :)

No comments: