Monday, April 12, 2010

Cav Wild...

The Crazy One is 15 years old. Oh, did I say 15? I meant to say 5.
Of course most of the time, I think I am living with a little teenager. He can eat an entire adult-menu meal, has to meticulously do his hair (what is there of it), ensures his shoes match his shirt, and his socks cannot be seen! He says 'hey, mom' and not 'mama' or 'mommy', lays back on his bed to talk on the phone to his dad, and is more often than not found to have his ipod turned on so he can tune out the world. I know, I know, I have my hands full with this one. He was a NIGHTMARE when the weather was bad, and could not handle not being able to go outside. Now that the sun is shining again, Cavin is either on his bike, his skateboard, or his dirtbike. And there is no obstacle too big for this kid. Just a few weeks ago he was trying to jump his bike OVER the skateboard. I had to go inside...too dangerous for me to watch! One thing with wheels is enough...I couldn’t handle 2 jumping over 4 more! Cavin is playing soccer again this year, but is anxiously waiting until he can play football this fall. And he still loves every sport out there. His Capitals are in the playoffs again, he wants to see the RedSox or the Phillies play (and is mad that we are going to NYC for Caden), and he has been watching the local lacrosse teams in awe! 3 more years until he can play on that team.
He is also asking about racing his dirtbike. Now that he can ride with no training wheels, I don’t think a race is too far off. Dad will have to do that one though! Some new funny quirks about Cavin:
He knows every wrestler on Monday Night Raw or Friday Night Smackdown...and knows the difference in the two shows. He gave himself the nickname of Cav Wild...and laughs everytime he calls himself that. He writes his letters the exact way they are in the handwriting book...perfect lines and circles. He can read level 1 and 2 books and hates to sit and watch cartoons. He chooses a collared shirt on the weekends, but screams about his collared uniform shirt for school.
He is very opinionated on what he likes and doesn’t like. He cries at the thought of anyone's feelings getting hurt. He will stop what he is doing to play with his little sister, and has a bond with her that will last a lifetime. And he will always be my baby boy!

No comments: