Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nana's Visit - Day Two

Day two took us to Mt. Vernon, Virginia. Home of George Washington. Or as Cavin calls him - Georgie. Have you ever met a 3 year old that is fascinated with George Washington? Well, now you have. Cavin was absolutely fascinated with everything George Washington. He had learned a little about him in school over the past 2 months - from the inauguration through Presidents Day. But he and Caden went way beyond that, they listened to every word throughout the tour, and were so excited to learn all about George Washington's life. Caden even said "Maybe I can be the President after RockaBama" Sounds like a good plan to me!
Cavin RAN up the hill as soon as he saw the mansion.Two excited boys!!! What they aren't telling you by their lightweight sweatshirt and unzipped coat was that they were excited even though it was in the mid 20s!!! Brr! (At least for the rest of us standing in line!)The boys and their new friend GeorgeJacie and Nana drinking tea in the kids activity areaThe boys set all of the furniture up in this mansion-replica, just the way they saw it in the real house. It's not playing with a doll house - it's studying history!I wish I could get out of this stroller! And I'm just happy she was IN the stroller since I Had to carry her through the whole mansion tour. They didn't make things stroller-accessible back in Washington's days.Nana and Aunt DianaCaden and Washington's swordCavin posing next to a younger version of Washington. When he was a surveyor. Another fun day!!!!

1 comment:

The Wilhelms said...

WOW! I am impressed that the boys had so much fun! Hey, If Cavin wants to be the president, more power to him! Start the path now. I remember going to Mt Vernon as a kid- must have been on our 8th grade field trip- the only thing I remember is the hill/yard in front of the house. We need a few days to just tour stuff next time instead of just hitting the Smithsonian (though who doesn't love free?) Looks like you will be able to tell us where the best kid- friendly place are!
Boy does that stink about the stroller!! That's when you need Chris with you! The picute of Caden with the Washington's is so cute, He just kind of blends in with family- you know, if you don't mind the bright blue coat!