Sunday, December 20, 2009

The "Blizzard" of 2009

The house is decorated...and they are calling for snow. Maybe we will have a white Christmas afterall!
And it begins...Everything with a light dusting...The boys are bundled up watching Frosty...with none other than...Frosty!And it snowed and snowed and snowed. I think I took this picture about half way through our little snow storm! This was the view out of our front door.After about 18 inches of solid snowfall, and drifts of almost 3 feet...the next thing to do is get bundled up and go outside to play!
Everyone find a hat, a scarf, and a pair of gloves!So Excited!Caden jumped right in to making a snow angel...Cavin could barely walk...And Jacie just wanted to help!After some hard work...the driveway was clearAnd it was time for a neighborhood snowball fight!!! Although you would expect Chris (the only grown up int he fight) to win...the kids all ganged up on him and he ended up a bit more covered in snow than he would have hoped. But it was fun. He will get them all back next water balloon season!
And dont worry! I dont think this snow is going anywhere anytime soon. Im sure there will be more pictures...and more revenge snowball throwing in the days to come.

3 comments:

The Wilhelms said...

I cannot believe that you guys got that much snow! I am so jealous. They WERE calling for a white Christmas, but now it's been changed to 40 and rain. LOVELY. We have a little right now, but not enough to really enjoy! Glad they kids liked it, hope it sticks around!

Nana said...

The snow looks so pretty and it looks like all the kids (and Chris) had a great time playing in it. Glad Jacie got to play in it, she missed out last March.

Brianne said...

your house is so pretty!! and the snow is awesome. something out of a book!