So, the other weekend the boys got an invitation to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. One of my not-so-favorite places to go. But the boys were super-excited so on a Saturday afternoon we packed everyone up and headed to the dreaded house of mouse (not Mickey!).
We got there and were turned away at the door. Long story short - the host of the birthday party never actually reserved a party and just planned to bring a party of 20+ kids in on a Saturday afternoon. The staff of Chuck E Cheese had other plans, so the party was shifted to Fredericksburg's finest location-McDonalds. It was fine once we got there, but caused MANY MANY tears since the kids didn't get to go to Chuck E Cheese.
Of course, their tears hit a softspot with me and I promised to take the boys back to Chuck E Cheese the next day for lunch, when the crowds weren't as large.
Sunday morning we got up and headed to Chuck E Cheese. One of Cavin's friends met us there (another teary-eyed birthday party guest) and the kids had a great time playing. Caden played just about every game in the place. But Cavin stayed in pretty much one location. He started with the basketball game, but then found his 'spot' with the football game. He spent the ENTIRE morning throwing footballs! Hope it pays off someday!
Caden & Gracie playing air hockey
Caden & Gracie playing air hockey
This is great! Can I have more tokens please???
Look at all these crazy kids!
I'm gonna be a firefighter someday
Shooting baskets
Future NFL star
Look at all these crazy kids!
I'm gonna be a firefighter someday
Shooting baskets
Future NFL star
Okay, so he doesnt make many of the ones in this video...but he still had such passion! He started actually making them about 15 tokens later.
2 comments:
The video is great! He is so enthusiastic! And I love when he turns around to make sure the camera is still there! What a disappointmemt about the party, glad that the boys got to go anyway...mine have been begging, ugh. (Noah's only been twice, ever. Tells you how much I hate that place!)
Oh boy Chuck E Cheese, I haven't been there is years. Sure looks like you all had fun. I love the look of determination on Cavin's face. Love you all.
Post a Comment