The kids have been in swimming lessons for 2 months now. They absolutely love it. They take their classes through Little Fish Swimming and have a lessons every week.
I signed them up with the thought that they would teach the kids to dog-paddle around, and that would be it. I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. They do not teach dog-paddling, but actually teach swimming strokes. The boys think it's great, as they are doing what all the team-swimmers are doing in the lap pool. The boys have different skills they have to pass to move up to each level. And they are doing great. They can now float on their front and back, tread water, climb in and out of the pool, jump in, dive for rings...and so on. Once they mastered all of those 'basics' they started working on the strokes. The phase they are on now is the freestyle and the backstroke. They are doing awesome...to pass the level they have to dive in and swim the length of the pool they are in. Right now, they only make it half-way before they lose concentration. But within a few weeks, they should be set.
I have been neglecting to put pictures of the kids at swimming lessons. For two reasons mainly...
1. I can NEVER get a good shot of Cavin. (so you wont see any here)
and
2. Jacie doesn't allow me many free hands these days to be hauling a camera with me.
But this is what I have...take a look at our future Michael Phelps:
Caden diving in
swimming towards his coach
resting at the wall
and of course...Jacie posing for her shot too. That's the pool behind her, now you can see why the boys lose focus about half-way across. It's HUGE to a 3-year old.
2 comments:
You know, I was wondering if we were ever going to get to see pictures of swim lessons. Caden looks so grown up in his googles swimming! And, of course, Jacie looks very happy hanging out at the pool. It's probably nice and warm in there. (A definite improvement over the frigid cold in the hockey rink...) Glad they all have fun!
Wow! That sure is a neat pool. Looks like you boys are really enjoy those lessons and Jacie looks like she enjoys watching you. You'll both have to show Papa and me how well you can swim when we go to Disneyworld. Love you all.
Post a Comment