For those of you that saw these pictures on FB...sorry! You will just have to look at them again!
The 2010-2011 school year FLEW by! With both boys in school there was (you guessed it), twice as much paperwork to keep up with, twice as many field trips and school functions, and half as many hours in the day to get everything done! I can only see this getting busier in my future!!
The 2010-2011 school year FLEW by! With both boys in school there was (you guessed it), twice as much paperwork to keep up with, twice as many field trips and school functions, and half as many hours in the day to get everything done! I can only see this getting busier in my future!!
The boys had a great school year - and although they are glad that it is summer time, I know that by August they will be ready to jump back into class and start hitting the books. (dead serious here...they really love going to school!)
Caden was in the 1st grade this year and had an AMAZING teacher. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to teach him all year long. She kept him challenged and engaged, and played into his strengths to help with his weaknesses. He ended the year with a perfect report card, and a continued love of learning. And what made it all even better was spending the whole
year with one of his best friends, Chase. Chase and Caden started Kindergarten together, so they both have their fingers crossed that they will be in the same class for 2nd grade as well!


Caden & Chase with Mrs. Street from 1st grade & Mrs. Scheer from Kindergarten
Caden was in the 1st grade this year and had an AMAZING teacher. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to teach him all year long. She kept him challenged and engaged, and played into his strengths to help with his weaknesses. He ended the year with a perfect report card, and a continued love of learning. And what made it all even better was spending the whole
year with one of his best friends, Chase. Chase and Caden started Kindergarten together, so they both have their fingers crossed that they will be in the same class for 2nd grade as well!
Caden & Chase with Mrs. Street from 1st grade & Mrs. Scheer from Kindergarten
Cavin was in KG...which is still an touchy subject with Chris and I. We sent him to a private Kindergarten in 2009-2010 at Growing Kids Academy because he was bored with preschool. But for 2010-2011, we didn't really want TWO firstgraders at the same school, competing with one another...so we had Cavin complete a year of public kindergarten so he would be on track
with everyone his same age. READ: He spent the whole year bored out of his mind, testing every boundary, and getting frustrated with the whole 'school' concept. Couple that with the
fact that his teacher (who got rave reviews from everyone I knew) got pulled out on convalescent leave the 2nd month of school, so he was left to spend the rest of the year with a long-term sub. Needless to say, I'm glad the year is over and I am really looking forward to getting him in some different programs/tracks that the school offers next year for 1st grade.
Cavin met Noah in kindergarten though, and quickly learned that he lived right around the block. So we can check the block on 'life-long friend made'. These two are nothing but trouble when they are together...but you just can't help but love them! Cavin and Cooper also became great friends this year, and although they were not in the same class last year, I assure you they are crossing their fingers for it this year.
Cavin & Noah
No comments:
Post a Comment