The kids have been asking to carve their pumpkins...so I finally gave in and let them trash my kitchen with pumpkin insides! Oh well, it needs a good cleaning anyway.
We started with just one of the three pumpkins, which was a good thing because both boys were tired of being messy about half way through. But they didn't quit and kept working until they had their finished product. I was proud of them. Suprised, but proud.
After the pumpkin was cleaned out, I let them draw the face that they wanted. They agreed on the triangle eyes and the 'smile with teeth'. But for some reason they ended up with a strange nose. Caden wanted a circle nose and Cavin didnt...'nuff said. So Caden's almost-perfect circle turned into an upside down tear-drop looking thing.
We started with just one of the three pumpkins, which was a good thing because both boys were tired of being messy about half way through. But they didn't quit and kept working until they had their finished product. I was proud of them. Suprised, but proud.
After the pumpkin was cleaned out, I let them draw the face that they wanted. They agreed on the triangle eyes and the 'smile with teeth'. But for some reason they ended up with a strange nose. Caden wanted a circle nose and Cavin didnt...'nuff said. So Caden's almost-perfect circle turned into an upside down tear-drop looking thing.



And of course, Jacie watched with a curious face. I'm guessing she will be right in the middle of the mess next year. 
2 comments:
The pumpkin is great. I always had triangle noses and eyes with a smile with teeth growing up. Now Bryan buys those patterns and makes "scary" ones. In fact they carved a ghost this morning. Used a fake pumpkin though. Less mess- but there was still quite a mess. Still is 8 hours later. I should get on that...
Noah and Jonah like seeing pictures of their friends. They wanted to let you know that:) Come visit!
Hey there! Thanks for the info you left on my blog...I looked into it and I think we are going to try and go. So excited!
The pumkins look great! I have never carved pumpkins...is that wrong?
Thanks again for the info- I totally appriciate it!
Post a Comment