Saturday, November 29, 2008

Getting ready for the holidays...

We are ready for Santa!
On Friday I took the kids to school, Jacie and I hit up a couple of Black Friday sales, and then headed home to start getting ready to decorate. My plan was to pull all of the decorations up from the basement so when the kids were home from school, we could just spend the evening decorating the tree, and setting out everything else.
I got down to the basement and looked at the Christmas storage area and made an immediate decision. ALL of the decorations were NOT coming out this year. There was one tote I couldn't have gotten up the stairs if I tried. Bad enough I had to make three trips just for the tree! And that is tree...singular...trees plural is not happening this year. Poor tree #2 is staying in the basement.
Anyway, I ended up with 2 of the 5 totes and figured that was plenty to get the kids through Christmas. Lucky enough, the 2 totes I brought up had all of the kids' decorations. So it worked out perfectly.
We spent the evening decorating the tree and getting their wonderful new stockings hung up for Santa. Now the boys are begging me to open presents. Only 25 or so more days of telling them "Not until Christmas"!
We're ready to start mom!
Just let me have a present now... Hanging up the first ornament...The Black Spiderman G.I. Joe goes next... And finally the star. Caden asked "Is Bethelem close to the VA?" Too cute...The finished product...



Now all we are missing is presents!!

1 comment:

September said...

You're making me feel like a slacker. But, maybe today will be the day...