Monday, March 02, 2009

Nana's Visit - Day Four - SNOWED IN!!!

Well, on Monday I was SUPPOSED to go to work, and the kids were SUPPOSED to go to school. But the snow had other plans for us. A nice winter storm hit us and everything was covered in snow. Of course, it's no MI storm - and we don't have any cool forts to show for it. But hey - what do you expect? It is pretty rare that we get snow in Fredericksburg, and even more rare that there is enough to play in. So the kids had a great time. Sadly, Jacie slept through all the fun. And Cavin only lasted a little while out in the cold. But Caden played outside forever and had a blast. Snowball fights, snow angels, and a little bit of sledding. Fun stuff! Too bad he didn't help me shovel the sidewalks and the driveway!
Of course, Nana and Aunt Diana didn't know what to think. They don't get snow like this in sunny CA.



1 comment:

The Wilhelms said...

I can't believe that you guys got that much snow!! Too bad that Jacie missed it, but much easier on everyone that way- TRUST ME! Looks like there was much fun to be had by all...and no worries about the lack of a fort, you can send the boys here for Christmas break next year! (Or at this rate, spring break this year!) I do hope all this snow will be a distant memory by next week when we get there- I am SO over winter!