Friday, January 11, 2013

New Years 2013 Ring in the New Year!

One of the things I love about Fredericksburg is that there is always something going on.  I'll be the first one to admit that we only take advantage of a SMALL portion of what is available.  But when we do attend one of the local festivals or events, we always have an amazing time.

This time was no different.  To celebrate New Year's we headed to the Fredericksburg First Night event.  Held in old town Fredericksburg, First Night is a family friendly event of street performers, live music, lots of food, and just a generally good time.

We spent a long time just listening to music as the kids ran around playing.  Then we said goodbye to the kids and sent them off on the kids' parade around town.  Chris and I waited along the street just enjoying the event while the kids marched up and down the streets of Fredericksburg.  When they returned they lit up the kids' countdown and everyone celebrated as if it were midnight.

We headed home after that and rung in the new year with a couple drinks and the Times Square celebration. 

I cannot wait to see what adventures 2013 brings us.  I know there will be many.

The Fredericksburg Globe 

Ready for a fun night out in Old Town Fredericksburg

So lucky to be spending another year together :)

 At the kids' countdown tree

Caden was waiting til midnight...Jacie didnt make it

Cavin either!  lol


No comments: